As detailed in previous posts the club is aiming recommence training on Thursday 10th September and we are glad to announce that we have been able to accommodate all 55 members who signed up to want to start training with us again.
We aim to provide a safe environment for you to continue your training activities but, for this to happen the following guidelines will be adhered to, from the 10th September each week, into the foreseeable future. Whilst restrictions may get relaxed with time, we should not become complacent and we will encourage all members to be proactive in ensuring that you stay safe whilst you are with us.
If you have any of the symptoms of COVID-19,
- Do not come to training. Stay away from the Dolphin Pool
- Self-isolate for the number of days set out in current Government guidance.
- So that we can implement our track and trace system:
let the club know that you are self isolating by doing the following:
- Call your your own group trainer
- Call our Training Officers: Andy Smart or Lara Moore
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Only resume training with us once you have spoken to either Andy Smart or Lara Moore to confirm that your are free from COVID-19 symptoms and or have completed your self isolation period.
Symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)
The most common symptoms are new:
- continuous cough
- fever/high temperature (37.8C or greater)
- loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
A new continuous cough is where you:
- have a new cough that’s lasted for an hour
- have had 3 or more episodes of coughing in 24 hours
- are coughing more than usual
A high temperature is feeling hot to the touch on your chest or back (you don’t need to measure your temperature). You may feel warm, cold or shivery.
Some people will have more serious symptoms, including pneumonia or difficulty breathing, which might require admission to hospital.
The nature of COVID-19 means that advice around safe practice is constantly changing.
This list will be reviewed as the advice is updated.
ENTRY AND DRYSIDE ACTIVITIES:
- Sanitise hands on entry using the dispenser provided
- Instructors/members can wear face masks/coverings if desired but it is not a requirement set by the centre.
- The signing-in desk will be manned at all times to ensure accurate registration
- Once members have signed in, they will be sent up to their allocated trainer who will be waiting in the viewing gallery in their allotted space.
- Parents will not be allowed into the building and must as such will not be able to spectate any part of the session.
- All instructors will remain two metres from each other and members of their groups at all times.
- Socially distance yourself within your group using the seating provided.
- The walkway is no longer in use for theory.
- No physical contact must be made.
- Compression-only CPR with explanations on how you would do full CPR.
- Fully wipe manikins down before next use.
- Any bandages etc. used for First Aid must be disposed of immediately.
- When it is time to go to poolside, groups will leave in an orderly fashion starting with the group nearest the door.
POOLSIDE ACTIVITIES AND EXIT:
- All cubicles and lockers are out of bounds.
- Showers are out of bounds both before and after the pool session. All showers must be done at home.
- Access to poolside is through the members’ changing room / disabled toilet, NOT the public changing Village.
- Members will need to come ready in swimwear with outer clothing on top.
- Rookies/Seniors will go straight to the shallow end to change and then and take their bags to the deep end.
- Keep to current social distancing guidelines within your group.
- All equipment must be dunked in the pool water before being handed over to another group member.
- Sharing of equipment between groups is not allowed.
- Half-filled/full manikins will replace contact tows.
- Members will take their bags to the shallow end, towel off and put warm clothes on over their swimwear.
- Rookies will change by the teaching pool entrance and Seniors by the accessible steps. No waiting for friends is allowed and members must leave immediately.
- Members must leave following the pool’s one-way system which is through the main public changing rooms.
- Instructors will be present to ensure cubicles and lockers are not used.
- Parents are not allowed into the building, so drop off and pick up will be made outside the main entrance where practically possible.
- We must all be out of the building by 10pm. No exceptions.
|EARLY SESSION 19:00 – 20:35|
|Rookie Group 1|
|Trainer: DAVE PERCH|
|Rookie Group 2|
|Trainer: LARA MOORE|
|Rookie Group 3|
|Trainer: JULIE MARSHALL|
|LATE SESSION 20:00 – 21:45hrs|
|Survive & Save Group 1|
|Trainer: SIMON MOORE|
|Survive & Save Group 2|
|Trainer: ANDY SMART|
|Luca Owen Di Noto|
|Trainer: TIM HARRIS|
FOR MORE INFO
If you have any further questions regards returning to training please send an email to: