Sandbanks Tri 2022 (no.2)
Sunday 19th June, 2022
750m Sea Swim – 26km Bike – 5km Run
Wetsuits are compulsory for the sea swim.
The race will be run in accordance to the British Triathlon Rules.
- REGISTRATION TIME – 0500 – 5:30am
- RACE BRIEFING – 0545 by the Swim Start
- WARM UP – 0550
- SWIM START – 0600
Safety Cover Min Requirements
To ensure that our insurance cover is maintained, we require that each person volunteering to assist us with the safety cover, meets our minimum requirement as shown below or hold a higher relevant qualification.
- Minimum of 6 paddlers required.
- Minimum of 2 Safety Boats required.
- Minimum of 2 pairs of Shore Walkers required.
All Paddlers need to be meet the criteria as described below:
- Competent on a sit on top kayak / board / kayak / ski
- Capable of providing cover for the entire event i.e.
- Comfortable with approaching a swimmer bow on, and allowing them to grab hold of the bow of their kayak / board for support should they require it?
- Able to identify the reason for support and if necessary, raise the attention of the nearest Safety Boat according to the NOP /EAP, then maintain this support until the Safety Boat can come to assist.
- Maintain a visual with the swimmer face (eye contact) at all times whilst they are holding onto the bow of the paddle craft.
- Be capable of self-rescue back into / onto the paddle craft, so as to be able to continue with the safety cover.
- Be of 14 years of age or above.
All Safety Boat Helms and Crew need to be meet the criteria as described below:
- Helms to hold a minimum of RYA Powerboat Level 2 or Equivalent Award or Higher
- Crew must be competent and have had previous experience as safety boat crew at an open water event.
- Be capable of self rescue back into the Safety Boat should it be required, so as to be able to continue with the safety cover.
- Safety Boat Helm be of 17 years of age or older.
- Safety Boat Crew be of 14 years of age or older.
- Sandbanks Triathlon Safety Cover Pack
this will be emailed to you shortly before the event
- Thank you for agreeing to help with the Safety Cover for this event, it really is appreciated.
- We will be in touch before the event with further details
- By signing up you agree that you meet the criteria shown above!
- Click on any available spot below fill in the details and please remember to list your relevant Qualification / Competency / Experience.