Seahorse Swim 2022
LOCATION: Knoll Beach - Studland
DATE: 26th June 2022
TIMES: 07:00hrs till 14:30hrs (Swim Start @ 10:00hrs)
Please take the time to read the information below and then sign yourselves up in one of the available relevant slots.
This is a joint safety cover event between RLSS Poole Lifeguard, Branksome Chine Surf Lifesaving Club, Bournemouth Lifeguard Corps, RLSS Boscombe Lifeguards and Southbourne Surf Lifesaving Club (A real chance to see the member clubs form the PBCLSA coming together)
Its a chance to help provide Safety Cover for the EDOWSC Seahorse Swim which takes place on Knoll Beach at Studland. Approx. 300 Swimmers swimming round a x4 buoy diamond shaped course.
Minimum Safety Equipment Required!
- 5 x Safety Boats
- 18 paddle craft
- 2 x foot patrols (pairs)
To ensure that our insurance cover is maintained, we require that each person volunteering to assist us with the safety cover, meets our minimum requirement as shown below or hold a higher relevant qualification.
All Paddlers need to be “Competent” on a board / kayak / ski as described below:
Note: minimum of 18 paddlers required.
- Capable of providing cover for the entire event i.e. - Comfortable with approaching a swimmer bow on, and allowing them to grab hold of the bow of their kayak / board for support should they require it?
- Able to identify the reason for support and if necessary, raise the attention of the nearest Safety Boat according to the NOP /EAP, then maintain this support until the Safety Boat can come to assist.
- Maintain a visual with the swimmer face (eye contact) at all times whilst they are holding onto the bow of the paddle craft.
- Be capable of self-rescue back into / onto the paddle craft, so as to be able to continue with the safety cover.
- Be of 14 years of age or above.
All Safety Boat Helms and Crew need to be meet the criteria as described below:
Note: minimum of 5 boats required.
- Helms to hold a minimum of RYA Powerboat Level 2 or Equivalent Award or Higher
- Crew must be competent and have had previous experience as safety boat crew at an open water event.
- Be capable of self rescue back into the Safety Boat should it be required, so as to be able to continue with the safety cover.
- Safety Boat Helm be of 17 years of age or older.
- Safety Boat Crew be of 14 years of age or older.
More comprehensive documentation will be emailed to you, during the week leading up to the event.
- Seahorse Swim NOP EAP
- Seahorse Safety Crew.
- Seahorse Courses.
- Seahorse Swim Risk Assessment
- By signing up you agree that you meet the criteria shown above!
- Click on any available spot below fill in the details and please remember to list your relevant Qualification / Competency / Experience.
- Thank you for agreeing to help with the Safety Cover for this event, it really is appreciated.
- We will be in touch before the event with further details
- Only your first name & your last name as well as qualifications / experience will be shown on this website
- Your email and contact number ( preferably mobile number) will only be used for contacting you for the purposes of this event only!