Brownsea Swim – Camping Weekend
In 2017 the National Trust are offering a new public camping called Eco Adventure Camping, where you get to experience the beautiful tranquillity of Brownsea Island out-of-hours. ‘Eco Adventure’ is for confident campers and nature lovers.
You can use the public boat service to get to the island and then walk across to the campsite (20-30 mins), or those of you opting to kayak, sail or paddle straight to South Shore are also welcome!
- For the night of 22nd July, the National Trust are offering a discounted/‘swimmer’s’ rate for participants of the Brownsea Island Swim and their family/friend group.
- Adult – £16.00
- Child – £10.00
- The last public boats to the island depart from Poole Quay and Sandbanks at 4:30pm.
- For the swim only, we have allocated a limited number of late arrival places on the private National Trust boat service departing hourly from Sandbanks.
- This is charged at the same rate as the public boat service (£3.25 Adult / £2.50 Child single ticket).
- For swimmers your return trip on 23rd is included with your swim.
- Toilet and shower blocks
- Washing up area and drinking water taps
- Mobile phone charging point
- Access to a communal sheltered cooking station and dining area: gas burners (incl. gas), cooking pans and utensils, tables and benches will be provided are included in the camp fee.
- You can bring your own tent or hire one as an optional extra. We have a limited number of hammocks and tree tents we hire out on a first-come-first-serve basis. This is not a ‘glamping’ option – members of the team can assist if necessary but you need to erect tents yourself.
Things to be aware of…
- Brownsea Island has ‘SSSI’ status – it is important that public use of the campsite does not conflict with our values and conservation status.
- For this reason open fires are NOT permitted on the campsite
- There are no shops on the island so you must bring all supplies with you.
- Once you have secured a place and registered, you will receive information on how to book.
- There is a limited number of places available and they are offered on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- You will need to inform the swim organiser that you will be camping on the island so as to include you in the ‘ON ISLAND’ Registration.
- Registration for those swimmers that are campoing on the island will take place at 08:00hrs under the Clock Tower by the black gate entrance to the Castle.
- Failure to Register in time will prevent you from taking part in the swim
- Please email BrownseaGroupBooking@nationaltrust.org.uk and a booking form and further information will be sent to you.